Skip to main content

How is it the year end again?

Just like that, it is time for my annual year end post. I would be lying if I said it's been a year. Like life changing.

The first half of the year was marked by the pregnancy, COVID, waddling through life like a penguin, taking it easy at work for the first time in my life, eagerly waiting for little Lego to come join us, not knowing how it was going to be once he comes, being pampered like there's no tomorrow.

And then came May, bringing with it our little bundle of joy, Lego. Just like that, life was overhauled. The first 2 months were difficult. Like zombies we took care of the Lego, making sure his needs are met and he settled into life outside the womb. And gradually, like an onion being peeled, everyday started bringing more and more joy. When he laughed for the first time, when he rolled over, when he hugs, when he pretends to kiss, when he sings, when he showers his love on us like we are all there is in this world - the heart just overflows.

The second half of the year also meant me asking myself a lot of hard questions. How important was it for me to go back to work, when Lego was only four months old (Singapore has a 4 month maternity leave policy). After much thinking, I decided I was not ready. We also made a difficult decision of leaving Singapore. It felt like our stay in Singapore was coming to an end and we wanted to be in India, around Lego's grandparents, at least initially, till we found our footing managing work and baby.

And so, we wrapped up our Singapore adventure and moved back home. Bittersweet. India has changed a lot in the last 4 years. Its moving fast, everyone is doing well, everything is just too convenient, and of course, being around family is a blessing. It's still chaotic, but after Singapore's measured life, we are ready for some chaos.

In December, I also joined work in an Indian organisation I love, after a break of 7 months. I get to work remotely, in a field I love, while spending a lot of time with Lego. Sherlock also slipped into a job he is enjoying. We are lucky and we count our blessings every single day.

Phew. Like I said, its been an year. A new baby, a new country, a new job, a new life.

2023, I am looking forward to you and all the little surprises you are going to bring. Just keep everyone safe, healthy, happy, with everything they want and aspire for.

The funny thing is over 13 years of this blog's existence, I have been missing for more time than I was present, but somehow, never missed the year end post. Some rituals just last.

Here's to another year of blogging (hopefully!)


Cheers and have a very happy new year!

Preeks, Sherlock and Lego


Comments

  1. Wow! Congratulations are in order...on several counts. And welcome back home!

    It's great to see how amazingly your journey is shaping up. I'm beaming with pride as I'm typing out this comment.

    God bless you dear. And I'd love to see what little Lego looks like.

    Cheers,
    CRD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing content with extremely useful information. We are waiting for your next blog.
    Baby Boy Names with the Letter C

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Them 90s Things - 1 - iTV Music Channel

Starting a random series of all things from a 90s childhood, just so I have a record of these memories for posterity. Do you remember a channel called iTV?  The 1999 Cricket World Cup was when our extremely middle-class, government quarters colony rose to the challenge of cable tv. Till then, we were happily adjusting our antennas and watching wholesome family entertainment on the two channels of DD1 and DD2. Then came the cable wale bhaiya, with his fancy earring, a few TV guides stacked under his arms along with long ropes of cable, promising unlimited entertainment for the entire colony. And just like that, we all got lured. Cable TV bought with it a lot of changes, many of which I assume will get covered in this series. But, today's post is about 1 particular memory which every 90s kid can relate to. A huge letter I revolving on the TV in anticipation of a new song being chosen. Yep. The iTV generation. Not MTv. It was all about iTV. I still don't know what that channel was

Drumrolls and All That

In crass Hindi, this moment would have been aptly defined as "Laut ke buddhu, ghar ko aaye".  Exact translation would mount to "Fools return home" and that's what this post is. So, after taking a break from work, doing a second Masters, getting a job in Singapore and moving countries, I am back on the blog.  Who would have thunk? An year back, I had no idea this is what I would be doing in an year. But then again, do we know what we will be doing an year from now?  Lesson learnt. No planning, no guessing.  Just keep exploring, keep doing new things, keep learning, keep meeting new people. Things will happen. Trust. Like a fool (who returned home!) So, while I discover this part of my life, Singapore, I thought I need the blog more than the blog needs me. Because moving countries is not in the least as glamorous as it sounds.  There's the whole deal with selling all belongings which you have hoarded lovingly over the years. A

Letters to the Upparwalla!

(Wow! BlogAdda made my day! :) ) Prologue: I have been SO so SO so lazy, busy and blank, that I stopped writing posts altogether. But then, on reflection, I thought I owed this one to the unseen forces above. Hence, this post! LETTER #1 To The Gods Above, 1, "All Roads Lead to Heaven" Road, Heaven - 000000 15.06.2010 From Un Faithful Earthling Somewhere on Earth - Does the pin code matter? Sir/Ma'am, SUB: Complaint Regarding Services Rendered             This is to bring to your kind attention, the highly unsatisfactory services being rendered to me, not at all in keeping with the Contract signed during my release to the Earth. Further, I wish to register a complaint regarding the following key issues: Interaction With Irritating People : According to Clause 4 of my Contract which you have also signed, it was mutually agreed by both parties, that during my peaceful stay on Earth, my interaction with irritating people would be kept to as minimum as possi