Finally, my Blog has matured enough to handle random musings from me. So here we go!
- It's raining! Finally, it is raining in Delhi. Okay, so compared to say Mumbai, or even Hyderabad, this is just a sprinkle from someone up above washing his balcony, but still, it is raining! I don't get the guy who designed Monsoons. Seriously. Why does the Monsoon have to split into two parts and reach Delhi empty after spilling water all along both the routes? Why can't it take a single circular route and reach either the East or West in the end? Dumb designer.
- Also, on the same note, there were a couple of peacocks on my Terrace yesterday! Like I said on Twitter, Dilli monsoon is rain Kam and Drama Zyada! It was a pretty sight though!
- Connect these two sentences.
- It is raining in Delhi
- The entire city has been dug up for construction work for the Commonwealth Games.
4. There's a Bharat Bandh today. Either my Company believes we are not Bhartiya enough, or they believe we don't enjoy weekends extended by Bandhs. So here I am, in office. I can prove to them, my ability in satisfying either or both of the above criteria - I could take an extended weekend, doing Bhartiya stuff, like say crib about the Government or play Dandiya. They denied me the chance. Their loss. And mine.
5. The weekend was awesome. I watched Football matches, cheered for the right teams and celebrated! I distinctly remember joining Miroslav Klose's Fan Club on Orkut during the last World Cup in 2006. It finally paid off!
6. Weekend also saw me catching up with some random movies. Twilight, I must say, was a shocker. Like I said elsewhere, either the movie was really really cheesy, or I have become old. Seriously? That Pattinson guy is not even cute! And the only hope I see for this movie, is in it's remake as a C-Grade Bollywood, or even better, Bhojpuri movie! I also happened to see Karthik Calling Karthik. Unlike popular opinion, I believe even Farhan Akhtar could not get that Deepika chick to act. Me thinks, I act better than her. In front of the mirror that is.
7. I got an award last week! "Valuable Team Player". Ha. Here's where you all clap and I bow and give my Acceptance speech. Okay, I won't. The good part is I got 2000 bucks, which I will diligently binge on a Calvin and Hobbes collection next weekend. What? A girl needs her humour to be of any value to this team! ;)
8. Much to my Mum's disgust and irritation, I played the song Jab Mila Tu from IHLS continuously. On radio, the iPod, the laptop, by singing. I don't know what is so irritating about the song. I like it! After a long era, there has been a catchy Hindi number! She should thank the Lords I did not take a fancy to the other very catchy number - Kajra Kajra Kajra - -a- -a- Re- -! Or maybe I did! :P
9. No point denying the fact that it is a Monday. Sigh. I have loads of work to do. Including going out of office on some meeting. That makes me sound like a busy person. Which I am. Seriously, this rambling thing is addictive. I am telling myself to STOP THIS NOW.
10. Just one last thing. Have you seen the trailers of Aisha? The Sonam Kapoor one? It was shot partially in my Residential complex!! Phew. I said it! Pheeewwww. When I told my Mum I was going to write this in my Blog, she very wisely told me to wait and see if those scenes were still there or had been edited out. Moms. Saving me the embarrassment and all. In hindsight, she was right. So, I won't tell you which scenes, till I don't go see the movie. But just assume, the most beautiful locations with long roads, trees lined up on both ends is what I am talking about! :D
I am done!
Have a brilliant week!
Jab Mila Tu-ru-ru-tu-ru-ru!