Har Chhoti Khushi Ka Celebration! :)
My Blog is probably in a fainting spell right now, what with it's owner posting twice in the same week! Chill. This is just a short FYI post.
You know those days when every small thing brings a smile to your face? The Har Chhoti Khushi Ka Celebration days? I had mine yesterday! No big news to the effect of I fell in love, or I got a new job or Patrick Dempsey said Hi to me. Just small little things that made me go :). So here's my list:
- I got the Auto-rickshaw at the door step, and beat this - he offered, all by himself, to charge me by the Meter! Get the Champagne out! I don't drink, but this calls for celebrations.
- There's this bee in my room, which has pretty much made the curtain it's home. I have tried all methods of evacuation. Nothing works! Yesterday, it left. Just like that. While I am sad about losing a friend, can we silently blast a couple of balloons and celebrate in darkness, before the stupid thing comes back on seeing the sugar and lights?
- Arrey, Cake Lao! It was my Manager's three year old daughter's birthday yesterday. While I didn't join the celebrations (Partly because we weren't invited), we did participate in our own little way. We went out of office for a meeting and did not bother going back to office. Which means, I was home at 2 pm. HA! Ha! ha! Give me a bigger piece of the cake, baba!
- This one is important, for all of you out there. Did you know Fab India Salwars have pockets? I had NO idea! My sister told me that a couple of weeks ago, and since I had never been observant enough, I assumed I had got duped. And yesterday, of all the days, I found it! The pocket in my Fab India Salwar! I won't use it because it is not convenient, but sigh, the joy of discovery. Music on. I need to dance. Now.
- And now. The main Chhoti Si Khushi that got me to write this post. Because I was home early, I decided to take my Mom out. We went to the Aurobindo Ashram, which also happens to share my school complex. To give you a slight preview, the Aurobindo Ashram complex is a BEAUTIFUL tranquil hub in the middle of all the noise in Delhi. It is a branch of the main ashram of Pondicherri. Amidst that greenery is my School, where I spent the 12 most awesome years of my life. As always, I walked around in a trance, absorbing the sheer beauty of the place, when I saw someone familiar. I nudged my Mom, and was half way through the sentence, "Do you remember..?", when the lady called out and said, "Preeti. Class 1-B. You have grown up!" That's right, people. My Class Teacher from 1st standard remembered me, and recognized me! I felt this sudden warmth in my heart, like someone just poured oodles of warm honey and caramel all over it! So much sweetness. And that ladies and gentlemen, is my Chhoti Si Khushi which demanded Celebration! I am wearing a new Kurta today, to celebrate this Khushi.. :)
I have a smile pasted on my face ever since. My Mom is wondering what's wrong with me, and I am wondering why all days can't be like that!
What are you celebrating today?