To Work or Not to Work!
I love my job. Don't get me wrong. But, you know, there are a lot of other odd jobs that really enthuse me, that make me want to, well, you know, not quit my job, but well, urmmm, make me wonder what it would be like if I was doing that job. Get it? For instance:
- Construction Worker! I am of course going by the assumption that being a construction worker only means rolling in the mud, and making tunnels in mounds of white sand. Or at least that was what I thought for some good 8 years of my life. The early 8 years, I mean.
- Lift Operator at Select City Walk Mall. Really, really mean it. Have you ever wondered about the lives of these obscure "professionals"? I mean, imagine logging in to work, checking all mails and Blog updates on Reader, taking your first cup of coffee from the vending machine, and then, diligently taking your seat in the lift, pressing random buttons, going up and coming down, going up and coming down, going up and coming down ALL DAY LONG. Seriously, I find these guys very amusing! And why Select City Walk? Obviously because I love that mall and because if I were that guy, I would spend my lunch time roaming around in Wills, Mango, Fab India, Pantaloons, Crossword. #Truestory
- Sales Person at an Apple Reseller Store. The probability is, that I would be fired in around 1 week of my joining this place because: (a) I would just be lying at the foot of one their Macs and drooling or (b) While packing up for the day, I would silently pack in a Macbook. In case (b), I would not be fired, because, why would I go back to a job that has given me all that it can offer and more?
- Residence Welfare Association President! I always aspired to become one of these. Always. Such convenience work, na? I can sit around all day, loafing about, watching TV, going for long walks, enjoying life, oh and work too. I will definitely send out a circular, every once in a while, with non sense English, that was never corrected using Spell Check, blaming a pseudo RWA for all the mess in the society and taking the credit for successfully organizing some awesome, ridiculous functions like Fancy Dog Show which no one would attend. Not even the dogs.
- Auto Rickshaw Driver! I just love Autos. With all my heart. I cannot begin imagining my everyday life without these guys, and I have reasons to believe that I can make an excellent Auto driver. It's easy to drive. It's easy to handle. No balance is required. I can argue. I can break rules. I can glare at people when they argue with me. I can keep my legs on the dashboard while driving (always wanted to try that out). I can stick pictures of Aamir Khan in 90's with muscles he never had and Salman Khan wearing some bloody awesome shirts he never wore. All good things, rolled up into one mini package. I am LOVING it!
- Score Changer at Cricket Matches! I know it is out-dated, but can you imagine what a cool resume this guy would have? "Changed scores for highest scoring match between South Africa and Australia. Impeccable record and expertise on ducks and Hatricks." I just like the sound of this job and besides, it'll give a good viewing angle too!
- Cleaner at a Book Shop like Crossword:Why Cleaner, you ask? I say, if I am a Sales person there, I would have to work, arrange books, bill the books, look for books for others. On the other hand, what is the possibility of dust gathering on books in a good shop nestled in the insides of an air conditioned mall? Close to zero. I can just walk around with that cloth on my shoulder, act like I am cleaning and read. To my heart's content. Me likes.
- Full Time Blogger. Need I say more.
And then of course, there are jobs like these - Director of Fun:
I am going back to do my job. Product Design. Bah. Whatever.
Like I said earlier, I love my job. #Fact
Image Courtesy: The Tech Journal
Oh and PS: Me got my blog a new template! How's it?