The One Where We Decided the Title is Unnecessary
Aah well. So 2010 ended. Nope. I did not do the customary year-end post simply because, as cliched as it may sound, I felt the year zipped by too fast and that my last year's year-end post is about as relevant today as it was back then. Except that I am lazier this year. And hence skipping that little ritual of the round-up post. Touche!
Resolutions? Nada. Why? Because, let's face it, there is no point.
But here's a list of things I am looking forward to this year:
- Some clarity on life. And my future.
- Turning 23. Not looking forward to all the relatives' concerns about the inevitable nuptials.
- Reading. A lot. At least more than what I read last year.
- Lots of choti si khushis.
- A small wish that I hope gets fulfilled this year. Umm. So, it's small when you look at the big picture. The really really big picture. The enormous picture. That's when the wish looks small. Okay, fine. Have it your way. The BIG wish. I still hope it gets fulfilled, though.
- Bright sunshine.
- Good shows on TV.
- Memorable movies to watch.
- Blogging more often?
- Making more friends.
- Shopping more. Saving more. Oops. Paradox error that was! :P
- Growing up. Enjoying life. Paradox error again. What's wrong with me?
- Helping Mum around the house.
- Learning to cook.
- Being more optimistic.
- Following Calvin's word to the core.
- Listening to new music.
The fact that I did not call this exhaustive list "my resolutions" excuses me from living up to each of them. Am I smart or what? OR maybe it's the new year that has made me smart. (Already optimistic!)
It's chilly in Delhi - 14 degrees maximum temperature on the 2nd day of the year. But wearing a new sweater has helped look at things in a bright new perspective! I am on a roll of optimism!
Have a fabulous new year, everyone!
As for the previous year, as Hugh Macleod says, Smile!
Picture Courtesy: Gaping Void, by Hugh Macleod