Skip to main content

This and That!

What? You thought I had disappeared again? If only.

I am saying this one last time on this blog.

Dear God, sometimes, you are really really unfair. And in times like those, I am sorry to say, but I feel jealous of atheists. At least, they don't feel guilty saying thank god.

I mean, pray explain your logic behind making me take decisions I will regret later. If you and I had to play the "I-Told-You-So-Game", trust me, our equation would be very different. Seriously? I told you so? That's your BIG idea? I am disappointed. 

And while on the subject, it would be great if you could explain to me why some people have ALL the luck in the world, while others have none. You have probably not attended B-School, but any voracious newspaper reader could explain to you the concept of Economies of Scale. Remember? Why do I always get phased out by luck? Why can't you distribute luck equally! Bruce Almighty had a very valid point when he went around dividing the lottery amount by the amount of people who applied. Maybe he made better God.

Kidding. Don't take revenge now. Please.

So, what is it like being God? Lists of requests, you keep ticking them off on first come first serve basis? Or are we looking at a systematic system where you tag people whose one request has been fulfilled and remove them off the system till others are catered to? 
I am guessing first-come-always-served. I get it. Its the easy way out. Have done it several times myself.
But let's put this in perspective. 
6,973,738,433 people or approximately 7 Billion.
Assuming 10% atheists, we are left with 6.3 Billion believers.
At a decent rate of 2 requests per day, we have around 13 billion requests.
Now, if 20% of these are smart-asses who get up early in the morning to place their requests, the rest 80% normal people are basically as good as non-believers. Because, they are never first and hence, by your own admission, never served!
Sheeeesh!
That's an efficiency rate lower than the passport office in Delhi!

I promise not to say that out aloud. No revenge, please!

Also, one last thing. When you made me, you apparently forgot to put in a filter, right before the tongue. I keep saying things I shouldn't. I know. Its too late to fix that. But, if I promise not to file an RTI for the above problems, will you at least promise me this one thing? Every time I say something stupid, just make sure the other person is not paying attention to me! Would make life a whole lot easier!

Anyway.

Rant ends here.

How you doing, otherwise? All good, I hope!

Yours faithfully,


Comments

  1. Luck..Sigh..been there...feels so very sad...doesn't it? :(

    And don't mess with the big guy. :) He will find a way..

    ReplyDelete
  2. TheothersideoflifeThursday, October 04, 2012

    Feels very sad! :(
    Big guy is kinda frustrating at times, though! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he is listening ,oops reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TheothersideoflifeFriday, October 05, 2012

    I hope so too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. TheothersideoflifeFriday, October 05, 2012

    Hehe..The math part was there to confuse the Big Guy! :D
    I agree with you about the filter, unfortunately, everyone doesn't! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok as per your math, in the past one year when I slept hardly an hour or two and kept talking to the big guy on similar lines as you I should have been the luckiest of those 6.3 billion but that is not the case.
    So the truth is everybody gets a piece of the cake it's just that some start eating it from the icing and some reach the icing in the end, but we all will eventually get to the icing :)

    Hugs dear..hope things shape up to your liking soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope he is listening ,oops reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats a lot of maths involved , I am not good in maths

    and why have a filter , its better to say what one feels and thinks .. if we dont then it will come out at the wrong time tooo :)


    all the best :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  9. TheothersideoflifeWednesday, January 09, 2013

    Hehe..The math part was there to confuse the Big Guy! :D
    I agree with you about the filter, unfortunately, everyone doesn't! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. TheothersideoflifeWednesday, January 09, 2013

    I hope so too! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Them 90s Things - 1 - iTV Music Channel

Starting a random series of all things from a 90s childhood, just so I have a record of these memories for posterity. Do you remember a channel called iTV?  The 1999 Cricket World Cup was when our extremely middle-class, government quarters colony rose to the challenge of cable tv. Till then, we were happily adjusting our antennas and watching wholesome family entertainment on the two channels of DD1 and DD2. Then came the cable wale bhaiya, with his fancy earring, a few TV guides stacked under his arms along with long ropes of cable, promising unlimited entertainment for the entire colony. And just like that, we all got lured. Cable TV bought with it a lot of changes, many of which I assume will get covered in this series. But, today's post is about 1 particular memory which every 90s kid can relate to. A huge letter I revolving on the TV in anticipation of a new song being chosen. Yep. The iTV generation. Not MTv. It was all about iTV. I still don't know what that channel was

Drumrolls and All That

In crass Hindi, this moment would have been aptly defined as "Laut ke buddhu, ghar ko aaye".  Exact translation would mount to "Fools return home" and that's what this post is. So, after taking a break from work, doing a second Masters, getting a job in Singapore and moving countries, I am back on the blog.  Who would have thunk? An year back, I had no idea this is what I would be doing in an year. But then again, do we know what we will be doing an year from now?  Lesson learnt. No planning, no guessing.  Just keep exploring, keep doing new things, keep learning, keep meeting new people. Things will happen. Trust. Like a fool (who returned home!) So, while I discover this part of my life, Singapore, I thought I need the blog more than the blog needs me. Because moving countries is not in the least as glamorous as it sounds.  There's the whole deal with selling all belongings which you have hoarded lovingly over the years. A

Letters to the Upparwalla!

(Wow! BlogAdda made my day! :) ) Prologue: I have been SO so SO so lazy, busy and blank, that I stopped writing posts altogether. But then, on reflection, I thought I owed this one to the unseen forces above. Hence, this post! LETTER #1 To The Gods Above, 1, "All Roads Lead to Heaven" Road, Heaven - 000000 15.06.2010 From Un Faithful Earthling Somewhere on Earth - Does the pin code matter? Sir/Ma'am, SUB: Complaint Regarding Services Rendered             This is to bring to your kind attention, the highly unsatisfactory services being rendered to me, not at all in keeping with the Contract signed during my release to the Earth. Further, I wish to register a complaint regarding the following key issues: Interaction With Irritating People : According to Clause 4 of my Contract which you have also signed, it was mutually agreed by both parties, that during my peaceful stay on Earth, my interaction with irritating people would be kept to as minimum as possi