Skip to main content

Honest Interviews


(This post was a Tangy Tuesday Pick! You can see the whole list here - http://blog.blogadda.com/2016/02/02/tangy-tuesday-picks-february-2-2016-weekly-blogs-indian-bloggers-blogadda)


This, as per me, is how interviews with me should be like:

Interviewer (Ir): Hi. Welcome here. Great to meet you.
Me: Hi. Please take me in..

Ir: So, tell me about yourself.
MeI am a nice person. Most times. 
Bangalore traffic gets the worst out of me. I curse while driving. 
I was a geek in school and am not great at sports. Some may say that makes me lack the sports spirit. I can't say they are wrong.
I can be competitive as hell. Sometimes, that means I compete even for silly things like who ate first. If I win, I do a rain dance to a song that goes, "I won, I won, I won.", while pumping my fist in the air.
Also, I am a sore loser. Sometimes, when I lose to Sherlock in Poker or Jenga or even 10 Questions, I cry and threaten not to make dinner.
I work very hard, when the work is interesting. When it's not, I just delay and delay and delay and delay till the person who asked for the work forgets about it. 
But, mostly, I am a nice person.

Ir: Ohk. Tell me a weakness. And don't try to mask your strengths as weaknesses.
Me: I won't. Bhindi is my weakness. I have a undefinable weakness for bhindi. To the extent that if we are working towards a deadline and someone dangles Bhindi fry in front of me, I will abandon the work, go eat the bhindi and then come back to work. Yes, even if we miss the deadline.

Ir: Hmmm. What about a strength?
Me:  I would like to say my love for French Fries here. You can put me in any situation, in any country, in any corner of the world, under any amount of duress, any amount of stress. As long as there is French Fries, you won't hear as much as a peep from me. I will happily live. In fact, thrive.

Me: What makes you think you are fit for a role in Marketing?
Ie: I am not. My dream role is one where I can sleep, read, watch TV, read some more, cook good food, laze around, travel and buy a house on a beach. If there is any opening for that, let me know. Else, I will make myself fit for Marketing.

Ir: Why do you want to join us?
Me: You can pay. I will join.

Ir: Any questions for us?
Me: Do you have napping rooms in office? How many leaves per year? Do you have Saturdays off? How good is the canteen on a scale of 1 to 10? What do you think about the French Court ruling that employees should not work beyond 5 pm? Can I read in office? What is the average number of versions you get people to make in their presentations? When was the last time you spontaneously declared a holiday?

Ir: You have been selected!

If only all interviewers could appreciate honesty.

Comments

  1. I loved your questions. That is all we want to know - food, leaves, work timings..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arey you love bhindi! Do you like gobhi? Cauliflower I mean. I feel that there are 2 kinds of people in this world - one who loves bhindi, the other who loves gobhi. Or Perhaps you are the third kind who loves both :D I am in team gobhi, fyi.

    Talking about meetings/interviews, in my mind I giggle when someone says - "thank you for having me"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is my dream to get a job that pays to eat, sleep, shop, repeat. Some people call it 'getting a sugar daddy'. I wish this feminist/independent/'master of my own life' bhoot leaves my head so I can concentrate on my dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lols..Please inform if you have found an opening with your dream role..would love to give some competition to you;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be serious competition to you if there was an interview like this! In fact I think whenever I have given any interviews the alternative honest answers are playing at the back of my head :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's not meet in the real world. I wouldn't want to take such a job away from someone as nice as you! :D

      Delete

  6. Congratulations! Your blog post was selected for Tangy Tuesday Picks edition on Feb 02, 2016 at BlogAdda.

    Please find it here:
    http://blog.blogadda.com/2016/02/02/tangy-tuesday-picks-february-2-2016-weekly-blogs-indian-bloggers-blogadda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Them 90s Things - 1 - iTV Music Channel

Starting a random series of all things from a 90s childhood, just so I have a record of these memories for posterity. Do you remember a channel called iTV?  The 1999 Cricket World Cup was when our extremely middle-class, government quarters colony rose to the challenge of cable tv. Till then, we were happily adjusting our antennas and watching wholesome family entertainment on the two channels of DD1 and DD2. Then came the cable wale bhaiya, with his fancy earring, a few TV guides stacked under his arms along with long ropes of cable, promising unlimited entertainment for the entire colony. And just like that, we all got lured. Cable TV bought with it a lot of changes, many of which I assume will get covered in this series. But, today's post is about 1 particular memory which every 90s kid can relate to. A huge letter I revolving on the TV in anticipation of a new song being chosen. Yep. The iTV generation. Not MTv. It was all about iTV. I still don't know what that channel was

Drumrolls and All That

In crass Hindi, this moment would have been aptly defined as "Laut ke buddhu, ghar ko aaye".  Exact translation would mount to "Fools return home" and that's what this post is. So, after taking a break from work, doing a second Masters, getting a job in Singapore and moving countries, I am back on the blog.  Who would have thunk? An year back, I had no idea this is what I would be doing in an year. But then again, do we know what we will be doing an year from now?  Lesson learnt. No planning, no guessing.  Just keep exploring, keep doing new things, keep learning, keep meeting new people. Things will happen. Trust. Like a fool (who returned home!) So, while I discover this part of my life, Singapore, I thought I need the blog more than the blog needs me. Because moving countries is not in the least as glamorous as it sounds.  There's the whole deal with selling all belongings which you have hoarded lovingly over the years. A

Letters to the Upparwalla!

(Wow! BlogAdda made my day! :) ) Prologue: I have been SO so SO so lazy, busy and blank, that I stopped writing posts altogether. But then, on reflection, I thought I owed this one to the unseen forces above. Hence, this post! LETTER #1 To The Gods Above, 1, "All Roads Lead to Heaven" Road, Heaven - 000000 15.06.2010 From Un Faithful Earthling Somewhere on Earth - Does the pin code matter? Sir/Ma'am, SUB: Complaint Regarding Services Rendered             This is to bring to your kind attention, the highly unsatisfactory services being rendered to me, not at all in keeping with the Contract signed during my release to the Earth. Further, I wish to register a complaint regarding the following key issues: Interaction With Irritating People : According to Clause 4 of my Contract which you have also signed, it was mutually agreed by both parties, that during my peaceful stay on Earth, my interaction with irritating people would be kept to as minimum as possi