Going on 16..
So Celestial Rays passed on a pretty awesome tag that she created - The Things to learn in the near(or far) future’ tag. It sounds like an interesting experiment to write this down, because I am forever making plans in the air about what all I need to do. Maybe, just maybe, documenting it might inspire me to actually go ahead and do some of these things! :-D
So my list:
So my list:
- Guitar:Here's the deal. I have a Guitar, and I can play it. But, it's no fun playing a song and then watching others cluelessly guess what I played. And getting weird names of songs I have never even heard of. So, I want to learn playing a Guitar properly like a Pro, with Chords and all! Especially Eric Clapton's songs. Okay, that's too much, but I can try, right?
- Dance: Any form would do. Actually, any method of moving my hands and legs in a manner, even slightly reminiscent of a dance would do, considering how absolutely inept I am at this!
- Calligraphy: I have been doing Calligraphy for a long while, but it was all self-learnt! I believe there are several other forms of this beautiful art, like Arabic and Oriental forms that I don't know much about. It would be great to actually learn more about this from a professional!
- Sketching: Basically to complete that perfect picture in my mind. Of me , sitting at a beach in Italy, with a Sketch Pad and a hat made of fruits on my head. With my current skill set, this perfect picture would be very imperfect if you take one look at what's been made on the Sketch Pad. So.
- Salsa: Okay, so assuming I manage to achieve point 2 and qualify with flying colours, I get to learn further, right? In which case, Salsa it would be!
- Animation: I think it is the most awesome of all modern art forms. I would LOVE to learn animation in all it's types - Cel, Sand, 3D, Stop. Oh and while at that, I wouldn't mind visiting any of the Pixar studios or the Anime Studios.
- Etymology of Words: I know this is about as geeky as I can get, but I love Vocabulary! I love playing with words and love watching people use right words the right way - like Mani Shankar Aiyar. I want to be able to articulate with that precision some day, for which, it is very important that I learn Etymology! Go ahead, call me a geek!
- Photography: Like the maker of the tag said, along with the cost of the DSLR!
- French: Again, stealing from Celestial Rays. It's such a romantic language! Psssst: Girl, it's not stealing per se. More like a combined effort towards learning! Collaborative learning. ;)
- Composing Music: I learnt Carnatic music for almost 7 years and I have always fostered this dream of composing at least 1 decent song in my lifetime. I want to learn doing that with proper softwares like Notation and Sibelius. Some day..